The Special Rescue Rigging Operational Exercise is unlike any other rope rescue training event you will ever experience.
This is a scenario-based course created to provide Rope Rescue Specialist training for NFPA certified Rope Rescue Technicians who wish to expand upon their previously acquired skill sets. This course goes beyond the Technician level training by introducing new rescue techniques, utilizing state of the art rescue gear under a variety of challenging training environments like night operations, waterfalls, overlooks, and other rugged terrain.
- Mirrored (Twin-Rope) Rescue Systems
- New Technology Devices (MPD, Petzl ID, Aztek MAS)
- Advanced Rescue Techniques (Skate Block Systems...)
- Natural & Artificial High Directional Anchors
- Monopods (Gin Poles)
- BI-Pods (A-Frames)
- Terradaptor, Arizona Vortex, Timber Rigging
- Natural High-Directional Anchors
- Night Rope Rescue Operations
- Horizontal Highline Operations
- Waterfall Rescues
- Industrial Rope Rescue
- Moderate & High Angle Wilderness Rescue
Students must provide proof of certification prior to acceptance into the course.
- NFPA Class III Harness
- Climbing Helmet
- Eye Protection
- Thermal Protection & All Weather Clothing
- Rugged Boots
- Mechanics or Rope Gloves (No firefighting or extrication gloves)
- Hydration system with back pack for snacks
- Headlamp (capable of being mounted to helmet)
Itinerary / Schedule
Jerry Sutton Public Safety Training Complex
- Skills Review (Decent Control Devices, Anchors, MAS, New Technology Devices)
- Mirrored Rescue Systems (Twin Rope)
- Artificial High Directional Rigging (Terradaptor & Arizona Vortex)
- Highline Review (Norwegian, English, Sloping & Drooping Reeves)
- Skate Block Systems
Evening Session: Rescue Scenario #1
- Morning Session: Rescue Scenario #2
- Afternoon Session: Rescue Scenario #3
Day #3 December 16, 2018
0800 hrs.- 1800 hrs.
Location; To Be Announced
- Morning Session: Rescue Scenario #4
- Afternoon Session: Rescue Scenario #5
Meals will be at the expense of each student. Prepare for bag lunch on days 2 & 3.
We will travel to Dillard Georgia on Saturday night for a class supper at the Dillard House.