Since 1994, RSQNC has been delivering NFPA compliant Swiftwater Rescue Technician Level courses to responders from across the globe. We recognize the lack of advanced level training opportunities available for those responders who have reached the Water Rescue Technician Level.
So, RSQNC has developed a series of custom courses specifically aimed at meeting your agencies needs. These specialized courses are offered to certified responders as “specialist training programs” offered as a series of combined classes based upon the jurisdictional or agency’s specific needs.
This 5- day course Swiftwater Rescue Specialist (SRS) course is only available for certified TR Water and Rope Rescue Technicians compliant with the NFPA 1006 & 1670 standards. This course is a scenario-based training program so minimal skills sets are taught but expanded upon from previous certification training.
Preferred Pre-requisites include:
TR-Water Rescue Technician or SRT I & SRT Advanced (NFPA 1006 certified)
TR-Rope Rescue Technician
EMT; Medical Responder; Paramedic; or higher
Boat Operator/Boat Crew (Preferred)
The SRS (Swiftwater Rescue Specialist) Series includes:
- Swiftwater Rescue Task Force Deployment and Response
- Rope Rigging Operations
- Swiftwater Rescue Night Operations
- Advanced Rescue Swimmer Operations
- Real-Time Wide Area Search Operations
- NFPA Swiftwater Guide Training and Boat Operator Techniques
- Swiftwater Raft Guide School
- Inflatable Rescue Boat Rigging & Deployment Techniques
- Watercraft Search Operations (Surface & Swiftwater Environments)
- Inflatable Boat Rescue Operations
- Real-Time Scenario-Based Training Day and Night Operations.
- SAR Topo Search Based Management Operations
- and more...